lørdag den 30. november 2013

Helping hands

In my local mom's club chapter they have a 'helping hands' schedule - so when someone gives birth, a couple of weeks after, they start a 3-week 3 times/week delivery - so for 3 weeks another mom in the club will deliver food to you mon/wed/fri. Time is arranged with whomever is doing it a certain day..

We were really happy about that after Lucia came along - we all know how hard it is to cook with 1, 2 child(ren), so imagine throwing a 3rd in the mix.. And a tiny baby that is. The food can be home cooked, or store bought - everything is allowed. I'm not going to go into specifics but we were all really happy with the food brought by the other moms! It even gave us inspiration for trying out some stuff we've never done or haven't done recently. This is definitely a thing that I'd never heard of before - I mean, after giving birth to Eric in Denmark, a few friends did bring food - but we're not talking anything structured..

I've been a participant myself when others have given birth - I usually go for something simple and make double so we have dinner too (chicken drumsticks, oven baked potatoes, a salad, veggies.. something like that)

All i all, it's a great way for moms to help each other and support each other, and I'm really happy and thankful that I got to experience that!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar